All in-person jury trials through the Town of Summerville Municipal Court are suspended until April 5, 2021. Those who need assistance can contact Summerville Municipal Court at (843) 875-2010 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Welcome to Summerville Municipal Court. This court is part of the integrated judicial system for South Carolina and serves as the judicial system for the Town of Summerville. This court handles traffic and criminal misdemeanor violations and town ordinance and environmental code violations. Our goals are to:
- Treat all persons equally and fairly, in accordance with the laws and administrative authority given by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- Promote public trust and confidence in our court
We strive to be as efficient as possible through the use of technology and to continually enhance our operational practices based on benchmarks and industry best practices.
Dorchester County maintains all records for Summerville Municipal Court cases. You can search the records by browsing to and selecting Summary Court. Summary Court records from 1988 to present are available online.
Court is held every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. It is also held on the 1st and 2nd Thursday of the month at 3 p.m. and the 3rd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m.
- Jury trials are held on the 1st Friday at 9 a.m.
- Domestic Violence Court is held the 2nd Friday of every month at 1:30 p.m.
- Bond hearings are held daily at 10 a.m
Not allowed in the courtroom:
- Activated pagers or cell phones
- Concealed weapons
- Disruptive children
- Food or drinks
- Hats or improper attire
- Talking during the proceedings