A native of Summerville, SC, Russ Touchberry graduated from Fort Dorchester High School in 1997 and continued his education by graduating with a B.S. in Civil Engineering from The Citadel in 2001. He has since worked in the Transportation Industry holding varying roles in the Public and Private sectors.
Russ is a:
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of SC
- Graduate of the AASHTO National Transportation Leadership Institute
- Graduate of Leadership Dorchester
Russ’ previous service:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Greater Summerville/Dorchester Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chair of the Planning Commission for Dorchester County
- Board Member of the Civil Engineering Advisory Committee to The Citadel
- Past Chairman of the Board for the Dorchester Children’s Center
- Board of Trustees of Pinewood Preparatory School
- Past President of the Civil Engineers Club of Charleston
He presently works as the Field Office Principal overseeing the Construction Services for HDR in the state of South Carolina and represents SCDOT as the Project Engineer for the US-17 (Speedway) Widening Project. He lives in Summerville, SC, with his beautiful bride, Jamie, and their two children Sage and Beckham.
- Planning and Development
- Public Works