How do I file a complaint?

Your Complaint is Important.

The Summerville Police Department is dedicated to the provision of the highest possible quality of law enforcement service to the public. The department is committed to courteously accepting and impartially investigating all complaints regarding the actions and performance of our personnel.

A complaint can be made with the Summerville Police Department in the following ways:

  • Call 843-851-4100 or go to the Police Department at 300 West 2nd North Street and request to speak with the on-duty supervisor.
  • Write a letter to the Chief of Police at 300 West 2nd North Street, Summerville, SC 29483 (Fax: 843-851-4108).
  • Download the complaint form or fill out the online form.

The officer receiving your complaint will attempt to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible for you.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Summerville Police Department?
2. How do I get a copy of an incident report?
3. How do I get a copy of an accident report?
4. When can I be fingerprinted for employment purposes?
5. What is the phone number to……?
6. How do I file a complaint?
7. How do I commend an officer?
8. How to Request for Retrieval of Property?